A beginner's guide to designing Augmented Reality experiences.
Learn the design fundamentals of creating any Augmented Reality experience. Beginner-friendly tips collected from global tech conferences, articles, books, and after 3+ years of exploring AR/VR.
PDF format. Accessible via all smart devices.
"Designing Augmented Reality experiences comes with its own challenges. While creativity can help you design solutions, a deep understanding of a set of well-formatted design principles can help you create solutions with an extra edge."
Why this book?
When I started learning AR/VR, it took me a long time to figure out how to design experiences for this emerging domain. After observing AR/VR games and experiences built by amazing creators from all around the world, and regularly participating in hackathons & events, I realized that I could compile my learnings in one place for the benefit of everyone who wants to learn and grow in AR/VR.
This book will first give you a friendly introduction to Augmented Reality and UX Design. Gradually you will see how they merge together by learning the different ways of interaction in Augmented Reality, how a designer thinks, various examples, and a comprehensive case study of a successful Augmented Reality app. These concepts would serve as a foundation for you.
Rather than diving too deep into the rabbit hole of UX Design for AR/VR, this book will give you a high-level overview and a friendly introduction to what goes into creating cool AR experiences.
Although I don’t have any formal degree in design, I have studied design at Interaction Design Foundation. Their courses helped me get a great theoretical understanding of design.
Who is this book for?
This book is for you if -
- You are just starting out in AR/VR
- You are struggling to come up with ideas
- You have trouble figuring out how to design AR experiences
- You don't have any knowledge of design in AR/VR but looking for beginner-friendly resources
- What is Augmented Reality?
- What is UX?
- Importance of UX
- 7 Elements of UX Design
- How does a designer think?
- 4 Pillars of Augmented Reality Design
- Basics of Interaction Design
- 2D vs 3D Interaction
- Different ways of interaction in 3D
- How to apply branding to AR/VR experiences?
- Case study
You also get access to -
- Resources to dive deeper into this field
- Future updates
What you should know before taking this book?
- This book focuses on DESIGN and not DEVELOPMENT.
- It is aimed toward designing mobile AR experiences but the concepts apply to VR experiences too.
- It is theoretical.
What is the price of the book?
Introductory price - $9.99 (the price will go up after 50 downloads. Only 36 left)
Next price - $14.99
P.S - If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me on Twitter and I’ll be happy to help😉
Grab your copy now.✨
You will get a 40 pages long ebook in pdf format.